- Refine your clinical skills.
- Learn to internalize and integrate the powerful, research-based Gottman Method Assessment and Intervention techniques.
- Gain insight as to when to use these methods and when couples therapy is contraindicated.
- Become skilled in using our Level II Clinical Manual which now includes revised Gottman Core Assessments, Gottman Supplemental Assessments and more than 50 Gottman Interventions.
- Take part in presentations with Drs. John and Julie Gottman; practice using Assessments and Interventions in group role-plays, view demonstration films, and participate in extensive discussions with Senior Certified Gottman Therapists and clinicians from around the world.
- Receive supportive coaching from Drs. John and Julie Gottman, Gottman Consultants, and Senior Certified Gottman Therapists as you participate in experiential exercises.
- Engage both Drs. John and Julie Gottman in vital dialogue regarding Gottman Method Couples Therapy.
- Attend an evening networking reception for all participants, hosted by The Gottman Institute. This is a wonderful opportunity to meet our warm community of professionals and colleagues and to connect professionally and personally on a deeper level with like-minded clinicians from around the world!
To be eligible to participate in our Level 2 Training, you must first complete either the Level 1 Homestudy or attend a Level 1 Live Workshop. After completing Level 2 Training, you will be able to:
- Assess a couple’s “Friendship Profile,” “Conflict Profile,” and “Shared Meanings Profile.”
- Develop interventions that couples can use as antidotes to the “Four Horsemen.”
- Help couples to soothe physiological flooding.
- Apply six modes of changing the “Attack/Defend System” in a couple’s interactions.
- Assist couples in establishing dialogue about their grid-locked conflicts.
- Select and implement interventions to help couples deepen their “Friendship System” with rituals of connection.
- Select and implement interventions to help couples create a shared system of values and meaning.
- Identify and implement five different co-morbidities common to couples using Gottman Couples Therapy Assessment and Intervention.
As with Level 1 Training, you can attend a Level 2 Live Workshop or complete a Level 2 Homestudy. Click here to find an upcoming live Level 2 Workshop near you! To get an idea of the content included in Level 2 Training, you can view the complete Table of Contents here.
If you are interested in taking this course as a group, please email Allie Guerrero (firstname.lastname@example.org) with the names of the class members so they will be eligible for CEU's and continued training with The Gottman Institute. To be eligible for CE credit, each person must purchase and be a registered owner of the Clinician's Workshop Manual. Still unclear? Please visit our Training and Certification FAQ page here. Look forward to a discussion of Level 3 Training on Friday.
All for now,